We were inspected by the Independent School Inspectorate in May 2015.
We were very proud of their findings which state
- The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent. The school successfully meets its aim and core value of excellence, to provide the best opportunity for every child to learn, grow and develop in a stimulating and supportive learning environment
- In the EYFS, the provision for children’s learning and development is outstanding.
- The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent, successfully fulfilling the school’s aim to help pupils become the proud, confident and articulate young citizens of tomorrow.
- They demonstrate great empathy towards others, cultural tolerance and respect. Their behaviour is exemplary. Pastoral care systems are excellent; the pupils’ well-being is given the highest priority. In the EYFS, the contribution to the children’s well-being is outstanding.
- The pupils’ attainment is judged to be high in relation to national age-related expectations. These excellent levels of attainment, as judged, are evident in results from standardised tests; they indicate excellent progress in relation to those of similar ability
- Pupils with SEND or EAL also make excellent progress because of the additional strategies that staff put in place to support their individual learning needs.
- Pupils of all ages are developing extremely positive personal qualities. This is fully in accordance with the school’s aim to help them become the proud, confident and articulate young citizens of tomorrow.
- Links with parents, carers and guardians are excellent. In their pre-inspection questionnaire responses, the vast majority of parents felt that the school encourages them to be involved in its life and work, are happy with the information they receive about their child’s progress and would recommend the school to other parents.
DCSF ref no: 344/6016
Integrated inspection report
Date of Inspection: 12 May – 15 May 2015