Avalon School - Excellent in All Areas ISI Education Quality Inspection
Avalon School awarded EXCELLENT IN ALL AREAS by ISI Education Quality Inspection
Independent Schools Inspectorate
(ISI Inspection Visit 8th -10th November 2022)
We are delighted to announce that Avalon School has achieved the top rating of ‘Excellent’ in all 16 categories of Educational Quality, and met all regulatory standards required for Focused Compliance, in the recent inspection from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).
The educational quality inspection reports on the quality of the school’s work. It focuses on the two key outcomes:
- The achievement of the pupils, including their academic development, and
- The personal development of the pupils.
ISI apply four judgement gradings which are ‘excellent’, ‘good’, ‘sound’ or ‘unsatisfactory’. Avalon was judged as ‘Excellent’ in both key outcomes and in each of the 16 categories.
The key findings are:
The quality of the pupils’ academic and other achievements is excellent.
- Pupils make excellent progress in English and mathematics lessons.
- Pupils demonstrate excellent attitudes to learning.
- From an early age, pupils demonstrate excellent communication skills; they are articulate and confident public speakers.
- Pupils demonstrate competent skills in information and communication technology (ICT) but have insufficient opportunities to develop these further.
The quality of the pupils’ personal development is excellent.
- Pupils demonstrate a very good understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses.
- Pupils have an excellent understanding of the importance of inclusivity and diversity.
- Pupils have a strong moral code and understand the need for rules in a variety of contexts.
- Pupils know how to keep themselves healthy and stay safe.
- Pupils’ skills of resilience are good.
I want to thank all staff, pupils, governors, and parents involved in the inspection for their commitment, loyalty and outstanding efforts. The inspectors cited many aspects of evidence in order to award is this level of excellence in education. These resonate greatly with our school values and motto, ‘Reaching further, together.’
We have amazing pupils, a wonderful staff and an important and valued partnership with parents and stakeholders that allows us to create a happy, safe and successful environment for everyone.
A heartfelt thank you to you all.
The inspection report can be read in full here: Avalon School_ EQI Inspection Report ISI Nov 2022